Pinterest, you are on it scrolling for ideas of how to decorate your home, what to make for dinner and even what gifts to give. Have you stopped to think about how your business could benefit from a better Pinterest presence?
Get ready for some cold hard facts:
* 200 million monthly users
* 70% of users are female
* 60% have children under 5
* 98% try new things that they find on Pinterest
* 1 out of 2 people have purchased because they saw it on Pinterest
* Pins can bring your website traffic for years to come
If you are female niched business, product or service wise and you currently have little to no Pinterest presence you are entirely missing your target audience. Up until a few weeks ago, I was this girl. I was perusing Pinterest for fun until I went to a lecture and learned what exactly Pinterest could do you for my business. Now I am practicing the methods they taught me every day, I know like any social media it will not be instantly successful that it takes time, but a whole new level of client hangs out on this platform.
To make Pinterest work for you though you need to think and define your target audience. Do they travel, what kind of food are they eating, what are they searching for on Pinterest? Answer your target audience’s lifestyle questions with a board and pin relevant content to it.
How To Share Your Content
- PIn consistently, like every day
- Don’t be afraid of the number of pins you have. You won’t get dinged by the algorithm for having too much content.
- Organize your content onto relevant boards
- Optimize your website for pin click-throughs by adding the pin button to blog posts or products.
I shared a bunch of links to Pinterest articles I’ve read and methods that I am using to grow my boards in the latest Maven Movement email that comes out on Tuesdays. If you aren’t on the list, you might want to consider adding your name. Also feel free to follow my boards as I add resourceful social media articles to them. I also am always looking for new inspiration and boards to follow, so if you have a business account drop a link in the comments.