Have your engagement and likes been down for awhile now? Are you frustrated? Yeah, me too, and I have six accounts and bosses that I answer too.
The official word is that there was a bug in the explore tab. Supposedly it's been fixed however engagement and likes are still down, all over the platform. Instagram is also testing their spam algorithm to start cracking down on bot commenters and spam accounts that are posting 5x per day or using 3rd party services.
Here are some ways to combat the engagement icky's:
1. Add hashtags back at the end of the caption. I know, I don't like how it looks either BUT it seems to be helping.
2. Change up your hashtags. Last week I spent most of the week reworking a second and third set of hashtags for clients that we are rotating through.
3. Stop using the uber popular hashtags and start using some with less than 50k posts to them for the time being.
4. Interact with the people that are still with you and finding you. Likes and follows don't necessarily lead to sales. Positive relationships and experiences lead to sales, which lead to more customers which leads to word of mouth and more network marketing.
5. Start storying more. Show people that your life is more than a well styled stiff square image.
6. Work on building that email list. I know I know, it's on your list but way at the bottom. However with this plummet of engagement it's just a red flag that you should probably be doing more, getting directly in front of your niche.
Do you have any tips that have been working for you during an engagement drought?